Opened October 26th in the Coventry Village Shopping District of Cleveland Heights, Ohio.
Call us today: (216) 320-9775 !
We specialize in Men's and Women's clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories and select vintage items. Avalon began in 1988 as a vintage clothing store. Since then, it has remained at the forefront of fashion. Our constantly changing inventory includes designer labels, vintage, denim, leather, current basics and one-of-a-kind items. You'll also find brand new merchandise and accessories. We are thrilled to finally have a new location in Coventry Village, Cleveland Heights, Ohio!
Buy - Sell - Trade. It's never been so easy.
Avalon Exchange hand picks the most desirable pieces of clothing, jewelry, bags, and shoes. The items are accepted based on season, style, brand, and condition. Garments are evaluated for their resale value, and the seller is offered 30% of the retail floor price in cash, or 45% of the retail floor price in store credit, payment or credit received the day of sale. Our on-the-spot approach is easier and more convenient than consignment policies.The store credit option can be used on the same day or for future visits.To ensure the fastest buying time while guaranteeing you get the most out of your visit, please Visit our Selling Tips page here. We buy clothing any time during store hours, though our buy counter closes one hour before the store itself closes, in Cleveland. No appointment is necessary.
Still unsure of what we do and how we work... here are some general questions that may help!
1. What do you carry within your store?
We sell men’s and women’s clothing, shoes and accessories. We don’t buy or carry any children’s clothing or accessories, bridal and prom gowns and undergarments.
2. What do you buy for your Cleveland resale shop?
We buy per season at Avalon; we do this in order to keep current and ahead with the trends. For spring and summer: we take in tank tops, basic t-shirts, skirts and shorts, maxi and sun dresses. We also carry spring and summer accessories such as strappy sandals and heels, sun hats, and summer handbags. For fall and winter: we buy denim, sweaters, long sleeve t-shirts, wool skirts and holiday dresses. For the fall and winter accessories, we take in boots including riding, UGG and heels, winter hats and vintage leather gloves. We take in jewelry, handbags and vintage pieces all year long, depending upon the condition and style.
3. What are some of the reasons for not taking any of the things that I bring in?
If we were unable to use the things that you brought in, these may be some of the reasons:
Items were not current
Items had lower end labels
Items were too wrinkled
Items were stained or not laundered
Items were too worn, shapeless, or damaged
High inventory levels
We have dozens of great sellers everyday, so we have to buy in very limited quantities
Please see our Sellers Tips page for further information.
4. What is your return policy?
We do not take any returns or exchanges. All sales are final.
5. Do I need to make an appointment in order to sell my things and what is the amount that I can sell?
No appointment is necessary for selling your items, just a valid identification and your things is all you need. Also, refer to the seller tips in order to make your selling experience a positive one, this will also help the buyer get through your things more effectively. There is no minimum or maximum on what you bring in to sell, however, make sure that the items are laundered and preferably folded neatly to make things go quickly for the buyer and for yourself.
6. Are you a consignment shop in Cleveland?
Not exactly. Here at our Cleveland location (like our other locations) we are a resale clothing store. We buy, sell, trade! Your garments are evaluated for their resale value, and the seller is offered 30% of the retail floor price in cash, or 45% of the retail floor price in store credit, payment or credit received the day of sale. Our on-the-spot approach is easier and more convenient than consignment policies.The store credit option can be used on the same day or for future visits.
- We specialize in Men's and Women's clothing, shoes, jewelry, accessories and select vintage items.
- Items should be presented DAMAGE - FREE. Items must be clean, stainless, odorless, and free of holes and tears to be considered for purchase. Garments must also have working buttons and/or zippers. We do not take undergarments. For faster service clothing should be neatly folded and presented as this makes the buying/selling experience faster and easier.
- Current trends, Designer and vintage clothing styles are what we are looking for from our customers for both men and women!
- Make sure that the garments match the season of your clothing. Lighter clothes in the spring and summer, and heavier clothing such as sweaters and coats in the fall and winter. (we all know Cleveland weather!)
- Always make sure to have a valid identification with you when selling. A valid identification is used to put your information into our system so that we can always assure you a concise, prompt, and hassle-free buying/selling experience.
Explore our site to learn more:
Our Cleveland Ohio Store!
Display Case and Cash Wrap
For further information on our Cleveland Store call us at (216)320-9775.